Intelligent VESDA-E VEU aspirating smoke detectors are seamlessly integrated on the SLC loop with NOTIFIER fire alarm control panels for a complete very early warning fire system.
Intelligent VESDA-E VEU aspirating smoke detectors are the premium detectors of the VESDA-E range. The VEU offers an ultra-wide sensitivity range, 15 times greater than the VESDA VLP, and provision for more sampling holes provide an increased coverage in high airflow applications by at least 40%. Considerably longer pipe runs and extended branched pipe network configurations allow the VEU to fit perfectly in to high ceiling and large open space areas while still allowing the detector to be mounted in an easily servicable location reducing total cost of ownership.
Built on the revolutionary Flair detection chamber technology, which uses a CMOS imager for direct imaging of particles in addition to multiple photo-diodes, the VESDA-E VEU provides unsurpassed detection performance in addition to best in class flexibility, field programmability and connectivity.
Two models are available, four pipes VEU with LED only or LED + LCD display. The specific model numbers are VEU-A00 (four pipes LED) and VEU-A10 (four pipes LED + LCD).
Features & Benefits
- Industry leading longest pipe runs and highest area coverage
- Ultrawide sensitivity range deliver optimum protection for the widest range of applications
- Alarm and trouble status reporting at the fire alarm control panel without using any additional hardware
- FLAIR detection technology delivers reliable very early warning smoke detection
- Multi-stage filtration
- iIntuitive LCD user interface
- Airflow monitoring at each port
- Referencing to accommodate external environmental conditions to minimize nuisance alarms
- Backwards compatible with VESDA VLP
- Remote monitoring with iVESDA mobile app
- Configuration through VESDA VSC application
- For use with the NFS-320, NFS2-640, and NFS2-3030 fire alarm control panels and operate in FlashScan® mode
- Uses 5 FlashScan® SLC addresses
- Ultra wide sensitivity range of 0.0003% obs/ft – 6.25% obs/ft
- Supports 80 VEWFD / 80 EWFD / 100 SFD sampling holes as per NFPA definitions
- Coverage Area: 69,956 sq ft subject to system desin and regulatory requirements
- Maximum total pipe: 2,624 ft
- Maximum single linear pipe run: 524 ft (1-pipe use) to 328 ft (4-pipe use)
- IP40 enclosure
- iVESDA mobile app for IOS and Android
- Event log for up to 20,000 events
See manufacturer’s datasheet for full technical specifications